1 hr 5 mins
- 1 (7-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup red potato, finely chopped
- 18 leaves fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place two baking sheets in the oven and heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- Place a colander over a large bowl and place the SPAM® mixture in the colander to drain. Discard the liquid.
- Finely chop the SPAM® mixture with a knife or pulse twice in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water.
- Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, spoon 1 tablespoon of SPAM® mixture into the center of each wrapper (Cover remaining wrappers with damp towel to keep them moist).
- Moisten the edges of the wrappers with the cornstarch mixture. Bring opposite corners together and pinch the points to seal, forming triangles.
- Remove the baking sheets from oven and coat with cooking spray.
- Arrange the filled wonton wrappers in a single layer on baking sheets and coat the wonton wrappers with cooking spray.
- Bake, turning once, for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with cilantro.