1 hr 10 mins
- 2 (12-ounce) cans SPAM® Classic, thin sliced
- 20 (1-ounce) Asian-style steamed buns (store bought)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy brand)
- 3 ounces soy sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces Sriracha
- 3 cups rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- Using a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar until fully dissolved.
- Julienne the onion, carrot, cucumber, and jalapeno, then add to the mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes, stirring twice.
- After 25 minutes, strain the liquid from the vegetables and add the cilantro.
- Mix the mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil and SPAM® Classic. Fry until crispy and then remove from the pan.
- Strain the fat from the pan.
- Deglaze the same pan with the soy sauce, then add the sweet chili sauce. Immediately remove the pan from heat and stir until the sauce is sticky, about 1 minute.
- Open the steamed bun and slather Sriracha mayo on top and bottom.
- Stuff with approximately 1 ounce of the sticky SPAM® Classic and 1 ounce pickled veggies.