- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Teriyaki, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- 4.5 ounce white steamed rice, cooked ahead of time
- 4 sheets Japanese nori, cut in half
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root juice
- 1/4 cup Yamasa soy
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown cane sugar
- 1 ounce green onion whites, cut in half lengthwise
- Takuan (pickled daikon), pre-bought
- Cook the SPAM® Teriyaki until there is a nice sear on both sides, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the soy, water, ginger juice, sugar, and green onion, then heat to a simmer.
- Then add SPAM® Teriyaki back into the pan and simmer in the sauce for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the SPAM® Teriyaki, then place on rice and wrap with Nori.
- Add the chopped Takuan (or pickled daikon). Serve warm.