- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Hot & Spicy, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- 4.5 ounces white steamed rice, cooked ahead of time
- 4 sheets Japanese Nori, cut in half
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili paste, Sambal
- ¼ cup mirin
- 1 ounce water
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Black pepper to taste, fine grind
- Heat medium size sauté pan with light oil.
- Cook SPAM® Hot & Spicy on both sides for 2-3 minutes, then remove from pan.
- In same pan, add garlic and chili paste, cooking for 1 minute or until garlic is cooked through.
- Add water, mirin and honey and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add SPAM® Hot & Spicy to pan and cook until sauce starts to stick to SPAM® mixture.
- Season with black pepper before finishing. Then place on rice and wrap with Nori. Serve warm.