- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, sliced into 8 slices
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 sheets nori, cut in half
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice
- Sriracha Mayonnaise; recipe follows
- 1 cup mixed spring greens
- 8 frozen shrimp tempura, cooked according to package directions
- Edible gold leaf, as desired
- ½ cup kewpie Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- In large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook SPAM® Classic slices 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, pour in half of the eggs. Cook 45 seconds; lift edge of egg with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is set. Fold up. Cut into 4 sections. Repeat process with remaining eggs to have 8 folded egg portions.
- On work surface place one ½ nori sheet. Using wet fingers, spread one end with rice to ½-inch thickness. Top with a spoonful of Sriracha Mayonnaise. Layer one SPAM® Classic slice, one egg portion, a few leaves mixed spring greens and 1 shrimp tempura. Spread rice on other end of nori sheet. Fold to close as a sandwich. Top with edible gold leaf.
- In small bowl, combine kewpie Japanese mayonnaise and sriracha sauce.