1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mirin or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onion whites, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 bay leaves, cracked
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorn, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice
- 4 sheets nori, cut in half
- In medium bowl, place SPAM® Classic slices. Add cider vinegar, mirin, water, garlic, onion, bay leaves and peppercorn. Let marinate 1 hour.
- Remove SPAM® Classic slices from marinade. Reserve marinade.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil. Cook SPAM® Classic Classic 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Add marinade to pan with SPAM® Classic slices; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce becomes lightly sticky.
- Place 1/3 cup rice into musubi press or plastic lined SPAM® Classic can on top of halved nori sheet and press down. Top with SPAM® Classic slice. Remove press.
- Wrap nori around each. Moisten one end slightly to fasten together. Repeat to make 8.