- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® with Real HORMEL® Bacon, diced and sautéed in small amount of butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 1/4-ounce packages rapid-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk, divided
- Lightly coat 18 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Make the batter in a large bowl, combining the flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons sugar, the salt, 2/3 cup milk, the butter, and 1 egg; mix well.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon; mix well.
- Divide and sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over muffins.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon SPAM® with Real HORMEL® Bacon over each muffin.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 eggs and 2 tablespoons milk.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of the egg mixture over each muffin and drizzle them with syrup.
- Place muffin pans in a cold oven and set the temperature to 350ºF.
- Once the oven reaches the right temperature, bake the muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.
- Remove pans from the oven and cool the muffins in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from the pan and serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with additional maple syrup for dipping, if desired.