- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 12 ounces whipped pimento spread
- 24 baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large skillet, in butter, heat the SPAM® Classic until lightly browned. Drain well.
- Whip the pimento cheese spread in a blender until smooth and then place in a large bowl.
- Add the diced red bell pepper and the SPAM® Classic (saving aside about 1/3 of the SPAM® Classic for garnish).
- Thoroughly wash and clean the potatoes. Cut in half and scoop out the center of each potato with a spoon or Parisian scoop.
- Mix the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Coat the potato halves with the mixture and place on a baking sheet, cut side down.
- Bake at 400°F for about 25 minutes or until soft when pierced with a knife.
- Remove from oven and fill center with the SPAM™ento cheese mixture.
- Garnish the filled potatoes with the saved SPAM® Classic, chives, and a dusting of cayenne pepper, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 48.