1 hr 20 mins
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic
- 12 ounce Mild Cheddar cheese
- 16 eggs
- 1/2 gallon buttermilk
- 4 pounds all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pound melted butter
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and then add the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry waffle batter ingredients.
- Pour in the wet egg and buttermilk mixture.
- Gently mix together until lumpy, then fold in the melted butter.
- Shred the SPAM® Classic and cheese on a box grater.
- Heat a cast iron belgian waffle maker to 350°F and once hot, pour on 6 ounces of the waffle batter.
- Sprinkle 2 ounces of cheese, and then 2 ounces of the shredded SPAM® Classic over the cheese.
- Cook until the waffle is browned and crispy.