- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Less Sodium
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 slim French bread loaves
- 4 slices white American cheese
- 3 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared dill veggie dip
- Cut the bell peppers and onions into thin slices.
- Sauté them in a large, non-stick skillet with 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat, until the peppers and onions are tender, or about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the peppers and onions cook, shave off very thin, non-uniform slices of SPAM® Less Sodium with a sharp knife.
- Remove the pepper and onion mixture from skillet. Set aside and cover.
- Return the same skillet to medium-high heat and add the SPAM® slices in an even layer.
- Add Worcestershire directly on top of the SPAM® slices, covering each piece, then cover generously with black pepper.
- Let cook for 4 minutes, then stir and flip the SPAM® Less Sodium and allow to cook for about 5 more minutes, until the SPAM® is heated through and slightly crisp.
- Slice the bread loaves most of the way through and toast in a separate skillet with remaining butter.
- While bread is toasting, return the pepper and onion mixture to the skillet with the SPAM® Less Sodium. Mix together well, and then spread into an even layer.
- Place the cheese slices evenly on top of the SPAM® mixture and reduce to medium heat. Once the cheese is melted, remove pan from heat and stir the mixture with a spatula to incorporate the cheese into the entire mixture.
- Place toasted bread loaves onto a serving dish. Spread a very thin layer of the dill dip onto the top halves.
- Scoop sandwich filling onto bottom halves of bread and close. Slice into desired serving sizes and serve immediately.