- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, finely cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 large)
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Save aside 1/4 cup of cubed SPAM® Classic for the topping.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the remaining SPAM® Classic until browned and crispy on all sides. Move to a plate and allow to cool.
- In the same skillet, cook the saved 1/4 cup SPAM® Classic with the brown sugar until caramelized and crispy; set aside for the topping.
- Working with one biscuit at a time, roll or press each into a flat round. Use a small cutter to remove a small center circle to create a donut.
- Sprinkle 1/8 of the SPAM® Classic without the sugar on top, in a circle around the center hole.
- Fold the biscuit over and reshape as a donut. Pinch all the edges and center to seal, then repeat with the remaining biscuits.
- In a heavy cast iron skillet, preheat oil to 325ºF. Once the oil is hot, add the donuts in batches and fry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove the donuts and drain on paper towels.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and milk.
- Drizzle the donuts with the glaze and then top with the brown sugar-coated SPAM® Classic.
- Serve warm. Makes 8 donuts. Refrigerate any leftovers.