- 2 (12-ounce) cans SPAM® Classic, cut into thin strips
- 8 street taco-sized flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup pickled red onion, prepared
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the cabbage slaw by adding green cabbage, red cabbage, cilantro, and jalapeño in to a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all other slaw ingredients.
- Toss the dressing over the cabbage mixture, until all the slaw is evenly coated. Chill until ready to serve on top of tacos.
- Preheat a wok or griddle over medium high heat, until water tossed onto the pan or griddle sizzles and evaporates.
- In a bowl, combine the SPAM® Classic strips and season with black pepper, garlic, ginger, and sweet chili sauce.
- Sauté the seasoned SPAM® Classic on the wok or griddle until the edges have become crispy and the SPAM® Classic is cooked through. Remove and divide amongst street tacos.
- Top with prepared cabbage slaw, and with a few pickled red onions. Top with additional cilantro for garnish if desired.