- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic cut into 8 slices
- 3 cups cooked white sushi rice
- 4 sheets nori, cut in half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko
- Vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Unagi sushi sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed
- 1 cup shrimp chips, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce and sugar.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook SPAM® Classic slices 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add soy sauce sugar mixture, cook 1 to 2 minutes or until slices are glazed. Remove from skillet.
- Place 1/3 cup rice into musubi press, or plastic wrap lined SPAM® can and press down. Remove from press on top of halved nori sheet. Wrap nori around musubi, moistening edge of nori to adhere together. Repeat to make 8.
- Place eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Dip and roll each musubi in egg, then in panko.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1-inch vegetable oil. Fry musubi in oil, turning to fry each side, 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice each musubi into 4 slices. Line up 8 slices on 4 serving plates. Drizzle each with sriracha mayonnaise, Unagi, sesame seeds, shrimp chips and green onions.