FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 2 (12-ounce) cans of SPAM® Classic
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- Snipped fresh chives, for garnish
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make the cupcakes, use a large bowl and grate the SPAM® Classic.
- Add the eggs, oatmeal, and milk, mixing together well.
- Lightly spray a regular size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin two-thirds full with the SPAM® mixture.
- Using the back of a spoon, lightly press down on the mixture in the middle for the glaze.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and water.
- Lightly spoon half of the glaze mixture over the SPAM® cupcakes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is set.
- Meanwhile, prepare 4 cups of mashed potatoes.
- When baked, remove the cupcakes from the oven.
- Place the oven rack 2-3 inches from heat source and heat the broiler.
- Top each cupcake with mashed potatoes.
- Return the muffin tin to oven, broiling for 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh chives, then spoon the remainder of the glaze over the top and serve.