- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, sliced into 4 slices
- Vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons hot mustard
- 8 slices thick white bread, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons okonomiyaki sauce
- 12 thin slices dill pickles
- 4 slices American cheese
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Dredge SPAM® Classic slices in flour, dip in eggs and roll in breadcrumbs.
- In large skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to cover bottom by 1-inch. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add breaded SPAM® Classic slices to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- Spread hot mustard on four bread slices. Spread okonomiyaki sauce on remaining bread slices. Place pickles on top of hot mustard and place cheese on okonomiyaki; sandwich together with breaded SPAM® Classic. Trim crusts and cut in half.