- 2 cups SPAM® Less Sodium, diced
- 1 cup diced pineapple (removed from 1 whole fresh pineapple)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 medium eggs, slightly beaten
- Dash white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup small button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, with tops, chopped
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and remove the fruit from the middle.
- Cut out the eyes and core, setting the pineapple shell aside.
- Dice the pineapple removed from the middle, drying with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper to the eggs.
- Dice the SPAM® Less Sodium in 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat a wok until very hot, then add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and tilt the wok to coat the sides.
- Add the eggs. Cook and stir until they are thickened throughout but still moist, then remove the eggs from the wok and set aside.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the wok, and make sure all the ingredients are dry before cooking.
- In a new pan, start boiling some water.
- Meanwhile, reheat the wok until very hot, then add the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and tilt to coat the sides of the wok.
- Add the rice and stir-fry it for 2 minutes. If you cannot stir-fry fast enough, reduce the heat so the rice will not burn.
- Stir in the soy sauce and continue stirring until the rice is mixed well with the soy sauce.
- Stir in the SPAM® Less Sodium, eggs, mushrooms, peas, and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, then stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the entire mixture is hot.
- Stir in the pineapple and green onions, then remove from the the heat.
- Rinse the pineapple shell with boiling water, dry with paper towels. Place the pineapple rice into the pineapple shell and serve.