- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- 1 (2-ounce) can green chiles, drained and diced
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen hashbrown potatoes, thawed slightly
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well.
- In separate large bowl, combine cheese, SPAM® Classic, soup, sour cream, milk, onion and chiles; mix well. Stir into potato mixture. Pour into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed chips.
- Bake casserole 45 to 60 minutes or until heated thoroughly.