Skip to content
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, diced
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a large skillet, brown SPAM® Classic until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add SPAM® Classic, saving aside ¼ cup; stir until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla together. Add to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into each cupcake liner. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked, then let stand in pan 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
- Mash potatoes until smooth. Add butter and stir with fork until butter is melted and potatoes are smooth. Stir in powdered sugar.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag. Pipe potato mixture onto cakes. Sprinkle with reserved SPAM® Classic.