- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Less Sodium, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 6 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- To make the rice, combine water and juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and stir. Reduce heat to low. Cook covered for 20 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Add nuts and parsley; stir to combine. Set aside; keep warm.
- To make the pineapple glaze, use a small saucepan to heat preserves, vinegar, and red peppers with salt and pepper on medium for 3 minutes or until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Thread SPAM® Less Sodium, pineapple and onion onto skewers. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill 10 to 12 minutes brushing with pineapple glaze and turning occasionally until hot and grill marks appear. Sprinkle hot kebabs with Swiss cheese. Serve with macadamia rice.