1 hr 10 mins
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Jalapeño, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce
- 8 (8-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- WHOLLY® guacamole to serve
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup of the SPAM® mixture for garnish.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- Cook the onion, garlic, and pepper for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add all the SPAM® except for the garnish and fry for 5 minutes or until it’s browned.
- Add the black beans, rice, cilantro, and 1 cup of the cheese, stirring until well combined.
- Spoon 1/4 of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat tortillas and coat with the enchilada sauce.
- Spoon the SPAM® mixture on to each tortilla, then roll up to enclose the filling.
- Place each enchilada in the baking dish and pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve with guacamole if desired. Sprinkle reserved fried SPAM® over enchiladas.