- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- To make the Hollandaise sauce, fill the bottom of double-boiler part-way with water; make sure water does not touch top pan.
- Bring the water to a simmer.
- In top of the double-boiler, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the butter to egg yolk mixture 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time, whisking constantly. If sauce becomes too thick, add 1 to 2 teaspoons hot water. Whisk until butter is incorporated.
- Whisk in salt, then remove from heat and cover.
- To poach the eggs, fill a large saucepan with 3 inches of water.
- Bring the water to a gentle simmer, then add vinegar.
- Carefully break the eggs into the simmering water, and cook 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until whites are cooked and yolks are still soft in center, then remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and set on warm plate.
- Meanwhile, cut the SPAM® Classic into 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices.
- In a medium skillet, heat SPAM® Classic over medium-high heat until lightly crisp.
- Place English muffins, cut-side-up, on serving plates.
- Top evenly with spinach, SPAM® Classic, tomato, and poached egg. Drizzle with Hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with chives, if desired. Serve immediately.