- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package mini potato gnocchi
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and carrots into the hot oil. Cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the SPAM® and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
- Stir gnocchi into the simmering soup and cook until they begin to float, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook until it is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Add the cornstarch and half-and-half into simmering soup.
- Cook until soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.