- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs, cooked sunny-side up
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ¼ cup diced Roma tomato, if desired
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook SPAM® Classic 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, melt butter. Add mushrooms and onions and cook over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to mushroom mixture; bring to boil.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch with water to make a smooth paste. Add to pan, whisking until combined and thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among 4 plates. Place 2 SPAM® Classic slices on top of rice. Top with gravy and 1 egg.
- Garnish with parsley, green onion and tomato, if desired.