- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into cubes
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can Cajun stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Cook the rice according to package.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the SPAM® Classic, onion, and bell pepper in butter until the onion is softened and the SPAM® Classic is lightly browned.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, cumin, and cayenne into skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are heated thoroughly. Serve over hot rice.