- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic cut into 8 slices
- 3 cups cooked white sushi rice
- 4 sheets nori, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups HORMEL® Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup cheese sauce, warmed
- Cayenne hot sauce
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook SPAM® Classic slices 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Place 1/3 cup rice into musubi press, or plastic wrap lined SPAM® can and press down. Spoon 2 tablespoons macaroni and cheese on top of rice and top with one slice of SPAM® Classic and press down. Remove from press on top of halved nori sheet. Wrap nori around musubi, moistening edge of nori to adhere together. Repeat to make 8.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Dip and roll each musubi in flour, then egg and last in panko.
- In large saucepan heat oil to 375°F. Fry coated musubi 2 at a time, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Slice each in 2 on the diagonal.
- Drizzle with cheese sauce and hot sauce.