- 4 slices SPAM® Teriyaki
- 4 slices HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 sheet nori
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dashi (optional)
- Cook rice and season with mirin to taste. Cut nori into four, equally sized strips.
- Combine eggs, sugar, 2 teaspoons mirin, a pinch of salt and dashi (not required). Whisk vigorously. Heat a pan (preferably heavy-bottomed or cast iron or a rectangular tamago pan) to medium heat and oil evenly. Pour a third of the egg mixture into the pan. Once the egg starts to set, fold it like an omelette onto itself and flip. Make a simple egg pancake with the same egg mixture and flip once. Repeat with remaining egg.
- Cut the tamago into four equal pieces. Form the sushi rice into four rectangular blocks using a musubi mold or a baking sheet (pushing the rice into a corner of the baking sheet with a rice paddle). Pour the furikake onto a plate and cover all sides of each block of rice with furikake.
- Place the block of rice (now covered in furikake) down. Place a slice of cheddar on the rice, then bacon, then tamago (egg mixture), and sautéed SPAM® teriyaki. Wrap together with a strip of nori and secure the two ends below the block of rice.