- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 lemons, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Mexican blend seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into 18 sticks
- ½ cup vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup minced white onion
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 6 ounces queso fresco cheese
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- In large bowl, whisk together pineapple in juice, lemon juice, Mexican seasoning and sugar. Add SPAM® Classic and marinate 10 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over high heat 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high and add ¼ cup oil. Heat 10 seconds. Carefully add SPAM® Classic and marinade to skillet. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until meat is dark golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In small bowl, stir together onion and cilantro.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat 1½ minutes. Add 1 teaspoon oil and 2 to 3 tablespoons cheese in a circle slightly smaller than corn tortilla. Place tortilla over cheese and cook 30 seconds. Carefully turn cheese and tortilla over; cook 10 seconds longer. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining oil, cheese and tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with SPAM® mixture, onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 10.