- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut in large dice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 8 sheets nori, trimmed with scissors into circular shape
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup julienned cucumbers
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- Soy sauce
- Pickled ginger
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg.
- Add the flour and cold water, whisking just enough to blend.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil to 375°F.
- Dip one side of a nori sheet in the batter mixture.
- Carefully fry the nori sheet in hot oil, batter side first, for 1 to 2 minutes, then flipping to fry the other side until crisp and curled.
- Remove the nori from the oil to a paper towel-lined sheet pan, forming it into a taco shell as it cools.
- Repeat to make 8 taco shells.
- In a large skillet, cook the diced SPAM® Classic over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- In another large skillet, steam the cauliflower in water over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until softened. Season with rice vinegar.
- Divide the cauliflower rice and SPAM® Classic between the nori shells.
- Top the tacos with cucumber and carrots. Serve with wasabi, soy sauce, and pickled ginger.