- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- 8 sheets nori
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- ½ cup French fried onions
- Unagi sauce
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes.
- Dredge the SPAM® Classic strips in flour, then dip in eggs and roll in breadcrumbs.
- In large skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to cover bottom by 1-inch and geat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add breaded SPAM® Classic strips to skillet and fry 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- Place one sheet nori on work surface. With moist hands, spread rice evenly over nori, leaving a ¾ inch strip uncovered on one end. Sprinkle rice with Fuikake.
- Layer fried SPAM® Classic strips, eggs, coleslaw mix, cucumber, and French-fried onions, then drizzle with Unagi sauce and roll up the nori. Repeat with remaining ingredients.