- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Less Sodium, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup curly parsley, chopped
- 1/2 medium charred poblano chile
- 1/2 jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/ tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Vegetable oil
- Boil water in a saucepan, then add 1½ cups uncooked white rice and simmer, covered, on low until fully cooked.
- Remove from the heat and pour the hot rice on baking sheet, flattening evenly with a spatula.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Dice 1 can of SPAM® Less Sodium into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the seasonings, poblano chili, jalapeños, garlic, onion, and celery.
- Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix in the cooled cooked rice, parsley, onions, and 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
- Stir with a mixer until the mixture sticks together when pressed with the back of a spoon, adding more vegetable broth if needed.
- Place the panko in a wide, shallow dish.
- Use a 2-ounce ice cream scoop to portion the boudin mixture into ball shaped rounds.
- Roll the rounds in the panko, then place on a baking sheet and set aside.