- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Hot and Spicy, grated
- 1 package boil-in-bag Jasmine rice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Ranch and Blue Cheese salad dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare the rice as the package directs, then drain rice and set aside.
- Place the grated SPAM® Hot and Spicy and the chives in a large nonstick skillet, and cook until the SPAM® is lightly browned; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rice and SPAM® Hot and Spicy, then add the shredded cheeses and 1 egg, mixing together until mixture is well combined.
- Shape the SPAM® mixture into small bite-sized balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
- In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, parsley, and Cajun seasoning until well blended.
- Dip each SPAM® ball into the egg whites and coat them with the bread crumb mixture, then return them to the parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To serve, place a toothpick in the center of each meatball and serve with ranch and blue cheese salad dressing for dipping. Makes 24.