1 hr 10 mins
FOR THE ONIGIRI:
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice, cooled and laid out to dry in a cold aerated area
- 3 tablespoons Furikake
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
FOR THE POKE:
- 1 pound sushi-grade Ahi tuna (*Consuming raw or under cooked seafood may increase your risk of foodborne illness.)
- 1 teaspoon garlic and ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons scallions, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce; aloha shoyu is preferred
- 2-3 tablespoons kewpie mayo
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- White pepper, ground
FOR THE BLOOD ORANGE TERIYAKI:
- 4 blood oranges, segmented and small diced, drained, saving the liquid
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup mirin
- 1 ounce ginger, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 1-2 ounces chicken or duck liver pate
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, removed from can and frozen overnight
- 2 ounces scallions, minced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Working quickly and with wet hands or a mixer, combine all ingredients & mix well.
- Form into SPAM® musubi molds and press to ½”” thickness.
- In a fryer with oil at 375°F, fry the rice patty (onigiri) until lightly golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients and adjust seasoning with more soy sauce as needed.
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and reduce until half or nappe. Immediately chill and set aside.
- Place the rice patty (onigiri) on a plate, top rice with sliced pate, then glaze with the teriyaki sauce and top with a spoonful of poke.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve.