- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic
- 6 slices uncooked bacon
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Hawaiian rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the SPAM® Classic, bacon, and pork in a food processor and pulse briefly to finely chop. Do not puree.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl with the remaining meatball ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into balls 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Arrange in a casserole pan.
- In a small pan, combine the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Bake for 15 minutes. During baking, baste the meatballs and turn them in the pan. Continue baking another 15 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°F. Baste occasionally with sauce.
- Serve on rolls, adding pan sauces on top.