1 hr 15 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
- 3 cups oyster crackers, crushed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, diced
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup chives, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the oyster cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and butter, then set aside 1/4 cup for the topping.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat the SPAM® Classic until lightly browned and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low until just combined.
- Add the SPAM® Classic, pineapple, cheese, chives, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Beat until just combined, then pour into crust and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325°F for 70-90 minutes or until the filling is almost set, and then turn the oven off. Leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen.
- Cool the cheesecake for 1 additional hour. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and refrigerate overnight, if serving chilled. Also great served warm or at room temperature. Serve with assorted crackers. Makes 24-36 servings.