1 hr 10 mins
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into strips
- 1 (10.75-ounce) package frozen spinach
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 4 pinches paprika
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Cook spinach according to the package and drain well.
- Spread spinach over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter and blend in the flour until smooth.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, cooking and stirring over medium heat until the mixture thickens and boils.
- Stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into the sour cream, then add to saucepan.
- Add SPAM® Classic and peas.
- Combine the white sauce and noodles, then pour over the spinach and sprinkle everything with paprika.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes more.