1 hr 5 mins
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup candied pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting chocolates
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the SPAM® Classic into 16 bar-shaped slices, placing each slice on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Brush the mixture evenly on all 16 slices of SPAM® Classic.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn slices over.
- Brush the slices with additional glaze and bake for another 15 minutes, then move the slices to a parchment-lined cooling rack.
- While the SPAM® Classic slices are cooling, use a small bowl to mix the chopped pecans, sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon for topping, then set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt both chocolates, stirring until smooth.
- Using tongs, dip each piece of candied SPAM® Classic in the melted chocolate until coated on all sides.
- Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the pecan mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until set. Makes 16 bars. Store in refrigerator.