- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into 8 slices
- Vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked white sushi rice
- 4 frozen waffles, toasted and cut in half
- 2 sheets nori, cut lengthwise in quarters
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper hot sauce
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes. Dredge SPAM® Classic slices in flour, dip in eggs and roll in breadcrumbs.
- In large skillet, pour enough vegetable oil to cover bottom by 1-inch. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add breaded SPAM® Classic slices to skillet and fry 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- With moist hands, mold rice into eight blocks with same dimensions as SPAM® slices. Place rice blocks on halved waffles. Top with breaded SPAM® Classic slice. Wrap individual nori strips around each middle, moistening edge of nori to fasten it.
- In small bowl, combine maple syrup and hot sauce. Serve on side or drizzle on.