- 1/2 cup SPAM® with Real HORMEL® Bacon, diced
- 5 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2/3 ounce baking powder
- 5 ounces bread flour
- 1/2 ounce sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 1/2 ounces milk
- 3 1/2 ounces shortening or butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten with few drops of water
- “Heat oven to 425°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In skillet, cook SPAM® with Real HORMEL® Bacon over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- In large bowl, sift dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse corn meal.
- Add milk. Mix until soft dough is formed.
- Add SPAM® product, cheese, and jalapeño; mix just until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Knead dough lightly 10 times or about 20 seconds until soft and slightly elastic, but not sticky.
- Roll dough out to 1-inch thickness, making sure it is uniform in thickness.
- Cut out biscuits close together to avoid waste, pressing cutter straight down without twisting (twisting will interfere with rising).
- Place biscuits 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake biscuits, rotating baking sheet halfway through, around 15 minutes.”