- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, julienned
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cups frozen diced or shredded potatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen fat-free egg product, thawed
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the potatoes, onion, and bell pepper in oil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add the SPAM® Classic. Cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg product, basil, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce, mixing together well.
- Pour over the mixture in the skillet, then cover the skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.