- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Hot and Spicy
- 45 saltine crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 2/3 cup dry roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Line an 11×17-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place crackers salt side-down in a single layer on the baking pan.
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté the shredded SPAM® Hot & Spicy over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Remove the SPAM® Hot & Spicy from the skillet and place on a paper towel.
- Add the brown sugar and 2 sticks of butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stirring frequently, cook over medium-low heat until sugar is melted. Once the sugar is melted, increase the temperature to medium-high heat.
- Boil and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes, then pour the brown sugar mixture over the crackers.
- Sprinkle with shredded SPAM® Hot & Spicy, macadamia nuts, and coconut.
- Bake at 350°F for 13 minutes.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Pull apart into individual crackers. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Note: SPAM® Classic works well in this recipe also. If using a half sheet pan (18 inches by 13 inches), you will need 48 saltine crackers.