FOR PINEAPPLE SOY GLAZE:
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 slice of fried SPAM® Classic, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 sweet Hawaiian dinner roll
- Fine sliced green onions
- 1 (16 ounce) ground beef patty with pineapple-soy glaze
- To make the pineapple soy glaze, use a sauce pan and mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple, garlic, lime juice, and hoisin sauce together over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then reduce to thicken the glaze, then remove from the heat.
- To make the slider, use a separate pan to fry the SPAM® Classic over medium heat, then remove from the pan.
- Roll and flatten the hamburger into 2-ounce patties.
- Cook the small patties to a minimum internal cook temperature of 160°F (use a calibrated handheld thermometer to verify cook temperature).
- Pour 2 tablespoons of glaze over the hamburger after cooking.
- Assemble the slider by slicing the dinner roll in half, then placing beef patty on bottom slice.
- Stack the SPAM® Classic on top of beef patty, drizzle additional glaze over the top, and garnish with green onions.
- Place top of dinner roll on the top of the stack and enjoy!