- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Less Sodium, diced
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained and pressed
- 2 cups Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- Place water in small dipping bowl or cup.
- Place a large teaspoon of dressing in the center of each egg roll wrapper, leaving about 1 inch on each side.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of SPAM® Less Sodium over the dressing.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut over the SPAM®.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Dip your fingertip in the water and spread the water evenly along edges to help seal.
- Fold the left side over about 1/2 inch to overlap. Repeat with the right side.
- Bring the bottom up over the filling.
- Roll up the wrapper to form an egg roll, running your finger across the seam to seal.
- Turn them over with the seam-side down and press firmly on left and right sides, making sure the roll is well sealed.
- In a deep, heavy skillet, heat oil to 375ºF. Fry about 4 egg rolls at once, turning each every minute, 2 to 3 minutes total or until golden brown on all sides. Transfer to wire rack on sheet pan to drain.
- Serve SPAM® rolls warm with spicy brown mustard or sweet hot mustard, if desired.