- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Maple Flavored diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: Chopped green onions, if desired
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook SPAM® Maple Flavored 3 to 5 minutes or until crisped and browned. Remove from pan to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- In same large skillet, over medium high-heat cook onion and red bell pepper 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened. Add to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or until heated through.
- Served garnished with green onions, if desired.
- Alternatively, bake mixture in a casserole at 350°F 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.