- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Maple Flavored, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook SPAM® Maple Flavored 3 to 4 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet over medium heat, add remaining olive oil. Cook onions and shallots, stirring occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Stir in garlic, brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar, chili powder and reserved SPAM® Maple Flavored.
- Bring mixture to a simmer then reduce heat to low. Cook 7 to 8 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and mixture is thickened.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.