Skip to content
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Lite, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup beef broth
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook diced SPAM® Lite in oil 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic and onion. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add potatoes and carrots and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Add beef broth, raisins, peas and bay leaf. Simmer 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in pinch of sugar. Serve over cooked white rice.