- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic diced
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, if desired
- Heat broiler to high.
- In large broiler-safe skillet, over medium-high heat, cook SPAM® Classic 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, combine milk and macaroni. Bring to a simmer. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking, until macaroni is tender and mixture has thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses, 2 tablespoons butter, mustard, cayenne, nutmeg and salt. Stir in browned SPAM® Classic.
- In small microwavable bowl, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add breadcrumbs, stirring to coat. Sprinkle mixture on top of macaroni and cheese.
- Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown. Garnish with parsley if desired.